LearnConnect Release Notes
- New Features
- SSO SAML now supports SHA-256
- Assign Learning wizard now displays venue information against learning events
- Import Users - Manager username can now be overwritten with Blank data
- Marking page now displaying the library item name
- Importing Historical data no longer triggers 'certificate completion' emails to be sent to users.
- Unable to enrol a user in a program with Group Components – now resolved.
- Import Learning History- Time stamp now in Tenant’s default time zone
- New Features
- Ability to Clone Surveys
- Ability to manage Site Authorisation creations in bulk
- Editing pages with dates returned a blank date value - impacted Chrome only (LS-2164)
- Custom Fields (Dates) and "Days ago" filter on reports were not being calculated correctly (LS-2064)
- Custom Fields (Dates) and "Days ago" filter on user enrolment rules were not being calculated correctly (LS-2067)
- Updating a user's manager of similar name was not updating correctly (LS-2052)
- SSO - when session timed out, incorrect URL was being returned (LS-2191)
- New Features
- Reminders: Manager Reminders Emails Managers will be kept informed when their staff is reminded that they have upcoming/overdue learning to complete.
- Reports: Summary Totals You can now run reports that provide a summary of status of enrolments (ie 38 completed, 10 in progress, 2 not started)
- Specifying end dates for Enrolment Rules (LS-431)
- Users will receive notifications for Session Updates (LS-840, LS-1333)
- Manager Approval templates can have a link to direct the user to the specific request (LS-1126)
- Expiry Dates and Reminders for Other Learning (LS-165)
- Attendance List Exports for Sessions (LS-1146, LS-525)
- Launch Button on all enrolments is consistent (LS-1485, LS-217)
- All Report columns have improved naming conventions (LS-445)
- Search for Library hyperlink is now a Button, improving library exploration (LS-823)
- Updates to Library Items and Assets are linked (LS-906)
- LearnConnect remembers your previous search when you hit Back (LS-522, LS-471)
- Date Filters in Custom Reports have improved parameters eg This/next: month, week, year, x years ago, x months ago, x weeks ago, x years from now, x months from now, x weeks from now (LS-72, LS-339, LS-36)
- Update to Final page in Library Wizard: Save/change status (LS-110)
- Subdomain messaging templates resolved (LS-1651)
- Excel Template errors (65536 row limit bug) (LS-1685)
- Double price columns in approve learning (LS-1288)
- Approve Learning list only displays active users (LS-251)
- Sorting on Price does not work (fix was to remove sorting option entirely for price) (LS-1294)
- Inactive Users in Session Attendance List (LS-1516)
- Basic Users’ profile non-editable (LS-754)
- Tenant Administrators can now see any custom reports. previously, the user would have to share them with “All Users” (LS-701)
- A manager can be configured to assign learning themselves if required (LS-746)
- Reporting: Assessment reports will now display feedback that was given by a marker on the report, as well as the date that marker reviewed the assessment. (LS-1051, LS-1050)
- Reporting: Internal Cost can now be selected to be reported on for Progress reports (LS-99)
- Assessments: New Randomisation Option called “Randomise Question Order” allows Administrators to randiomise all the questions in a test or section (LS-451)
- Speed improvements in various pages.
- Date Formats Updated to Australian Date Formats - There were a few places where the date format was interpreted as a US Date, causing incorrect dates to be saved. We have updated the Commencement Date in the User Import, as well as Due Date in the email message template called “Enrolment-LearnerReminder.” (LS-1085, LS-309)
- Database Time Zones were not in AEST, Causing Due Dates to be incorrectly calculated - because of a discrepancy between the database time (UMT) and the timezone of the tenant, during the enrolment when due date was calculated, it was off by 11 hours. This has been fixed so that the timezone differences are now factored in. (LS-916)
- Reporting: Unable to filter on a custom attribute when it is a date - When reporting on custom attributes, if the attribute is a date, you can now filter on these dates. (LS-932)
- During the 2-step: Manager, Administrator enrolment approval process, Managers could approve the 2nd step when it should have just been Administrators (2-Step: Manager, Administrator). (LS-194)
- Archived Groups were appearing in Assign Learning Wizard and Manage Users - Duplicate groups, when archived, will no longer appear (LS-739, LS-599)
- Markers could not download a file and review it when a File Upload Question is used on an Assessment - Markers can now download and review uploaded files (LS-700)
- Editing a SCORM Course in the wizard will override the self-enrolment setting to default - It will maintain the custom approval setting (LS-768)
- iCal attachments were sent via email for Learning Events and Sessions when Notifications were not selected. They will not be sent unless Notifications are selected (LS-972)
- Folder Icon has been updated with a High-Res version, Previously when on the Library page, the icon looked quite pixelated (LS-422)
- Cloning Assessments
- Custom Reports: re-order columns and saving the order
- Custom Reports: sharing reports with other users has now expanded from sharing with 'All Users' only
- Absolute Due Dates can be applied to Assign Learning Wizard and User Enrolment Rules
- Spell check appears in editors now
- Manage Enrolments - ability to select specific learning items in the search
- Manage Enrolments - default sort is now by enrolment date
- Back buttons have been added to wizards (replaces text)
- Certificate templates - ability to add 'Points' and 'Duration'
- User Import - allows column to be mapped to state if a active or not (eg Yes/Y/True/No/N/False)
- Cannot assign two learning events / sessions at the same time (LS-390)
- Basic Users clicking on a Recently Viewed learning item was getting Access Denied message (LS-359)
- Badge Count not calculating past 12 (LS-741)
- Learner Statistics is including Pending and Declined enrolment (LS-130)
- Reporting using 'Overdue' status (LS-34)
- Points and Duration included in Certificate Template (LS-67)
- Reports displaying the library item identifier (LS-146)
- Uploading a SCORM course in IE9 fixed (LS-400)
- Enabling browser spell check in editors (LS-424)
- Import Learning History template does not include 'Custom Attributes' anymore (LS-552)
- Back buttons replaces 'text' in wizards (LS-628)
- Warning message appears when BACK button on browser is clicked during wizard (LS-627)
- Self registered users not receiving a due date on their enrolments (LS-902)
- Learning Event Settings - Learning Events can now be set to allow users to withdraw themselves from a session. There are three options that follow this:
- When User withdraws, keep them on the waitlist for future sessions
- When User withdraws, don't add them to the waitlist for future sessions
- When User withdraws, present them with the above options
- Custom Reports - New Group Report to report on the number of active or inactive members of a group.
- Expiring Status to be added to Dashboard and Manage Enrolments Page
- Ability to report on expired enrolments
- Browser detection on login screen. Users using an incompatible browser will be displayed a message explaining how to update their browser and won't be allowed to login.
- A friendly message is now displayed to the user when they are re-directed to the logon page due to a session timeout.
- Performance of the enrolments grid has been improved.
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Rejected learning was appearing in a user's dashboard (LS-340)
- Question count was including introduction text (LS-9)
- User Enrolment Rule now requires at least one filter to be saved *to avoid enrolling all users in the database (LS-140)
- Viewing Pending Enrolments no crashes (LS-275)
- Dashboard stats were including Pending and Rejected requests as an enrolment (LS-322)
- Basic Users could not upload their profile photo (LS-407)
- Library Page - default view of tags is set to 'Alphabetical', displaying in ascending order
- Library Page - The "See all recent learning items" button on the Library page now displays a full list of all library items and allows you to search via a keyword or exact string search.
- Resolved IE8 compatibility issues, specifically around creating assessments
- Configurable validation on fields used in Self Registration (Spotless)
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Fixed some issues where videos would freeze and stutter in a Library Item by adding static file handlers.
- Fixed enrolment issues where Users did not get a survey attempt in a reusable Survey in a Library Item.
- Fixed a bug where you could not have 'Multiple Choice' and 'Short Answers' in one test.
- Fixed bug where Yes/No Question Type would add extra 'no' answers.
- Fixed bug where Match Questions in Assessment Module would register incorrect answers.
- Fixed issue where due to circular reporting, access was denied when trying to view User Profile as as Administrator.
- Updated database schema which fixed a bug that would return an error while trying to load Library Access Rules.
- Fixed error when viewing enrolment details.
- Changed file path for User Import which was previously causing manual HR sync to fail.
- Fixed a bug where rejected Learning is appearing in a users Dashboard. This was solved by updating Lesson Status 'Declined' when Approval Status was set to 'Rejected'.
- Fixes to Scheduler status screen to not show stale Quartz triggers, which was giving incorrect run status for some jobs/tenants.
- Fixed an issue where enrolments where not able to be deleted if the User has removed them self from enrolled session.
- Fixed issues where test attempts where being created with no answer records and section summary creating answers with value '1'. This went on to cause discrepencies between given score and summary feedback.
- Changed datepicker control to use Kendo to fix an issue where selectable date would not go back past 1970.
- Various fixes for Creating an Assessment and display of Question Types in IE8.
- Fixed scripting error when trying to answer Questions in Learning Module.
- Fixed issue where after changing the status of an assignment, the marker could not put in a comment and then progress due to 'submission already made' error.
- Fixed issue with datepicker on report filters not passing on date value.
- Fixed issue where local date and time weren't being stored properly, causing emails with session details to be inaccurate.
- Fixed pagination issue with the display of search results not displaying CSS correctly.
- Fixed bug where status was not being initialized properly before being checked for completion. This caused the user progress bar to not be updated correctly.
- Added check for Course Type on customizable reports, solving a problem where reporting on Asset Types would incorrectly report Learning Course as a SCORM course.
- Modified how LearnConnect identifies completed Sessions. Attendee can go from 'Attended' to 'Interviewed/RPL' and vice versa without affecting completion status of the Learning Event.
- Fixed an issue where a User has two records in the database and could not be added to a session.
- Fixed bug when creating/editing a library item to allow modification of additional enrolment settings.
- Fixed bug where drop down arrow was missing from all the drop downs in some browsers.
- Added filter attribute to allow proper rendering of launch button in IE8.
- Fixed issue where you could not start editing a User then delete them directly as an Admin.
- Changed enrolment message 'Congratulations! your enrolment was successful.' to be a StringResource which can be modified.
- Fixed a bug where basic users could search for an item in Library and click 'Attend Session' bypassing approval steps.
- Default view of Library page has been changed to 'Alphabetical', displayed in ascending order of tags.
- Assessments can be configured to allow the user to only resit the questions they got incorrect on the previous attempt. Questions they got correct will be greyed out so they do not have to be re-answered.
- Library items that have been requested and have the status of "Pending" are now shown in the users dashboard and can be filtered on the coloured bar using 'white'.
- When grids with data are loading, an animation is now shown to let the user know that something is happening.
- Specific bugs relating to IE8 and the creation of assessments have been addressed.
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Ability to make saved Custom Reports public or private.
- Ability to now search for saved custom reports by keyword.
- Ability to add an additional attempt for an assessment once the maximum number of attempts has been reached.
- Added server side caching to improve page load speeds after the initial page load. Cache period currently set to 24 hours.
- Feedback on the assessment summary screen will now be shown after each attempt.
- Through the Assign Learning Wizard you can now re-enroll a user in some training if it has previously been completed before.
There is now an optional check box to action this on the last step of the wizard.
- Password expiry can now be set for users (contact Learning Seat Support for more information)
- Ability to now add user permission roles to group names
- Ability to change the status of an item inside a Program
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Manage Library - 'Archived' Tab will display items that you have archived only (previously displayed Learning Seat archived courses)
- Custom Reports - Renaming 'Entity' to 'Report Type'
- Reports - renamed 'User Name' to 'Full Name' (this was causing confusion with the user's 'username'
- System responsiveness improvements
- Ability to schedule a saved 'Custom Report' and have it sent via email according to that schedule
- Ability to schedule a saved 'Custom Report' and have it made available via FTP download. This is only available to Tenant Administrators. Contact your Account Manager if this is something that you would be interested in. This feature is typically used by clients who wish to consume reports into a 3rd party application.
- 'Contact Us' link appears on the login page
- Ability to add Audio/Video via 'Trackable Document' - accepted extensions are .mp4 (video) and .mp3 (audio)
- Ability to search for a library item using keywords (rather than exact match)
- Ability to report on direct / indirect reports (Manage Users)
- System responsiveness improvements
- UI fixes on Self Registration
- Fixes to 'Welcome Tour' (was being cropped on some screen resolutions)